Jump at the Cupboard Pizza Recipe
Jump at the cupboard Pizza (makes 2 pizzas, half this recipe for one) J
Whatever you have: peppers, mushrooms, olives, sweet corn, ham, you could even put pineapple if you’re that way inclined and of course cheese if you have it (these still taste great without). I used cheddar as it was what I had.
Tomato pizza sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Dried herbs, oregano, basil or thyme
- 1 Tin of tomatoes or 5-6 large ripe tomatoes, the riper the better
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree (if you have it)
- Dash of red wine or balsamic vinegar
No yeast pizza base
- 250 Self raising flour* (or 250 plain flour with 3 teaspoons of baking powder to make self-raising flour)
- 100gm Buck wheat flour, or spelt flour , or whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 table spoon Olive oil, or any oil if no olive oil
- 180 ml (ish) Water
- Finely dice onion
- Heat small saucepan on a medium heat, carefully add oil, add the onions, stir occasionally
- Peel and chop garlic, when onions are translucent and soft add the garlic and dried herbs
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar and bring to a simmer, cook on a medium heat until they thicken slightly, if you have tomato puree add this, it will help to thicken.
- Once the tomato mixture has reduced by a ¼ remove from heat and allow to cool
- Season with salt and pepper
Pizza base method
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and bring together all the ingredients
- Tip out onto a clean work top and knead the dough, working it with the palms of your hands.
- If it is too wet and sticky add a little more flour and if it’s too dry add a little more water; it should be a consistency which does not stick to your hands but equally not too dry and should all form a nice ball.
- Knead for about 4-5 minutes, then divide into two.
- On a very lightly floured surface roll out into a circle, or square or whatever shape takes your fancy! If you don’t have a rolling pin you can use a clean wine bottle or the cling film roll. Repeat this so you have two bases.
Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place the bases onto either baking parchment or a slightly oiled tray
- Divide the sauce into 2 and place onto each base, smooth out and then top with whatever toppings you have, and finish with cheese, if you have any.
- Place in top of the oven for about 20 minutes or until base is cooked and toppings are lovely and brown.
Well done, you’ve done it! Now be proud of yourself and enjoy!